Sony Pictures is giving fans of Zombieland: Double Tap the best holiday gift ever with a digital release of the hilarious zombie film on Christmas Eve.
The film, which reunites original cast members Woody Harrelson, Emma Stone, Jesse Eisenberg, and Abigail Breslin, takes place ten years after the zombie apocalypse began. The zombies have evolved; their fellow survivors are dangerous and wacky, and their makeshift family is going through growing pains of its own.
The film grossed $117.7 million in the worldwide box office ramping up the violence and the comedy for the second film in the franchise.
Fans who prefer physical media won’t have long to wait, as the film will be released on Blu Ray, 4K Ultra HD, and DVD on January 21, 2020. The discs will come loaded with special features including:
- Extended Bloopers and Outtakes
- Alternate & Extended Scenes
- “The Doppelgangers”: From stunts to special effects, this in-depth piece breaks down doppelgangers Flagstaff and Albuquerque and comes complete with interviews, demonstrations, and multiple cameras to snag all the action in their wild scenes.
- “The Rides of Zombieland”: From the Beast to Big Fat Death (and a hated Pontiac Trans Sport in between) this short focuses on the rides that get our main characters around Z-land.
- “Rules of Making a Zombie Film”: It takes a lot of rules and a lot of people to make a zombie film!
- “Making Babylon”: Explore the climactic third act location in the film known in Zombieland as Babylon. Part fortress, part freshman dormitory, Babylon is the safe-place for a generation of misguided peace-loving retro-hippies.
- “New Blood”: Rosario Dawson, Zoey Deutch, and Avan Jogia join our zombie-slaying cast.
- “Single Take Doppelganger Fight”: Ruben Fleischer shares the camera monitor during the Doppelganger fight sequence.
- Commentary with Director Ruben Fleischer
- “Zombieland Ad Council”
It’s the perfect movie to drown out the holiday blues. Check out a sneak peek at the bonus features an get ready to go zombie hunting on Christmas Eve!