Written by John Squires
When 1993 sequel Return of the Living Dead 3 was released onto DVD over ten years ago, many fans were bummed to discover that the unrated version – previously available on the film’s VHS release – did not make it over to DVD. All these years later, the unrated cut can still only be watched on VHS… but that’s about to change.
As part of Lionsgate’s Vestron Video Collector’s Series, the unrated cut is headed to Blu-ray on November 22nd!
Full details, from the press release…
Love never dies! The Vestron Video Collector’s Series goes beyond the grave when the zombie horror classic Return of the Living Dead 3 arrives on limited-edition Blu-ray for the first time on November 22 from Lionsgate. Watch all of the terror in high definition when Curt transforms his girlfriend into a flesh-eating monster after her accidental death in order to fulfill their pact to love each other forever!
The Return of the Living Dead 3 Blu-ray includes all-new special features, including an audio commentary with actress Melinda Clarke and special make-up effects artist Tom Rainone; a conversation with director Brian Yuzna and screenwriter John Penney; and interviews with special effects artists Steve Johnson and Chris Nelson and editor/post-production supervisor Christopher Roth, and will be available for the suggested retail price of $34.97.
In Return of the Living Dead: Part II, the chemical Trioxin turned people into flesh-eating zombies. Now, the government is trying to control these unstoppable cannibalistic killers in Return of the Living Dead 3. When a young man uses the chemical to bring his girlfriend back to life after a motorcycle accident, she is driven to eat the only thing that will nourish her… human brains! She tries to stop her own feeding frenzy, but a chain reaction has already begun, as hordes of undead are unleashed from their graves!
- Audio Commentary with Director Brian Yuzna
- Audio Commentary with Actress Melinda Clarke and Special Make-Up Effects Artist Tom Rainone
- “Ashes to Ashes” – A Conversation with Director Brian Yuzna and Screenwriter John Penney
- “Living Dead Girl” – An Interview with Actress Melinda Clarke
- “Romeo Is Bleeding” – An Interview with Actor J. Trevor Edmond
- “Trimark & Trioxin” – Interviews with Production Executive David Tripet and Editor Chris Roth
- “The Resurrected Dead” – Interviews with Special Effects Designers Steve Johnson and Chris Nelson
- Still Gallery