For fall junkies, Halloween isn’t just a holiday, it’s a state of mind. And Michael Dougherty’s (Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Krampus) Trick ‘r Treat became a quintessential Halloween classic because it captured the essence of the season in gory detail. Scream Factory announced back in July that the film would be receiving a brand new Collector’s Edition Blu-Ray release, and now we have a full list of the bountiful harvest fans will enjoy!
Scream Factory confirmed Dougherty is “very-much involved” in putting together this Collector’s Edition, so you know we can expect a quality product. The packaging will include a slip cover and newly-commissioned artwork by Devon Whitehead approved by Dougherty. We now have a full breakdown of what the new extra features will be, in addition to the extras being ported over from the previous Blu-Ray and DVD releases.
You can see the full list below:
- NEW 2K Scan Of The Original Film Elements Supervised And Approved By Director Michael Dougherty
- NEW Tales Of Folklore & Fright: Creating Trick ‘r Treat – Including Interviews With Writer/Director Michael Dougherty, Conceptual Artist Breehn Burns, And Storyboard Artist Simeon Wilkins
- NEW Tales Of Mischief & Mayhem: Filming Trick ‘r Treat – In-depth Interview With Michael Dougherty On The Making Of The Film
- NEW Sounds Of Shock & Superstition: Scoring Trick ‘r Treat – Including Interviews With Michael Dougherty And Composer Douglas Pipes
- NEW Tales Of Dread And Despair: Releasing Trick ‘r Treat – A Look At The Release And Fandom With Michael Dougherty And Writer Rob Galluzzo
- NEW 2K Scan Of The Original 16mm Elements of Season’s Greetings – A Short Film By Michael Dougherty With Optional Commentary By Dougherty
- NEW Storyboard And Conceptual Artwork Gallery
- NEW Behind The Scenes Still Gallery
- NEW Monster Mash – A Story From The Trick ‘r Treat Graphic Novel
- NEW FEARnet.com Shorts
- Audio Commentary With Director Michael Dougherty
- Trick ‘r Treat: The Lore And Legends Of Halloween Featurette
- Deleted And Alternate Scenes With Optional Commentary By Director Michael Dougherty
- School Bus FX Comparison
- Theatrical Trailer
This sounds like a must-have for any fan of the film! If you’re looking for more awesome swag, I highly recommend the book Trick ‘r Treat: Tales of Mayhem, Mystery, and Mischief, which is filled with incredible behind-the-scenes content, artwork, and many other fun goodies.
The Collector’s Edition Blu Ray will release on October 9th! Pre-order your copy right here!
Will you be buying the Collector’s Edition Blu-Ray? Let us know in the comments!