The Blair Witch is coming to VR via the Oculus Quest. The 2019 release has been updated and redesigned to run on Quest and gives gamers the terrifying opportunity to step into the Black Hills Forest first hand.
Look, The Blair Witch was a terrifying experience. I was able to play on Xbox One in the initial build of the game and it was seriously scary. Blooper Team does a great job at creating organic and long lasting atmosphere and jump scares. The idea of stepping into this world in a VR setting is pretty tremendous.
The Blair Witch Oculus Quest edition features:
- New ways to interact with your sidekick, Bullet
- Newly-designed interactive environments to immerse you in terror
- Catch, throw, and stack objects that you find throughout the woods
- Map out your theories with an interactive marker to draw on paper and other objects
- Drawers, doors, gates, and car trunk open at your touch in your investigation
- Snap branches with your hands
- Operate handles and buttons and unlock doors with keys and codes plan escapes
- New control system optimized for horrifying VR gameplay
- Eerie new sounds and spine-chilling in-game events to surprise and scare players
- Additional encounters with the mysterious forces that lurk in the forest
The Blair Wtich Oculus Quest Edition comes out October 29 through the Oculus store.
Would you have what it takes to step into the Black Hills Forest to meet the Blair Witch?