Admittedly, writing an article about WTF moments from a movie about zombie beavers seems too easy. It practically writes itself. But come on, it had to be done. Zombeavers is full of WTF, so let’s get right to it and have some fun. (Minor SPOILERS ahead, but you were either going to watch this or you weren’t, so I’m guessing you won’t mind.)
10. As if Bill Burr’s appearance in the opening scene wasn’t enough of a giveaway that this is just as much a comedy as it is a horror film, the animated opening credits sequence confirms it. I half expected Elmer Fudd to appear with a shotgun. “Be vewy quiet. I’m hunting beavers, huh-huh-huh-huh-huh!”
8. On their way to the wilderness, the three girls, Mary, Zoe, and Jenn, are talking guys and dicks, dicks and guys. And dicks. In fact, Zoe is happily swiping through a series of dick pics from her boyfriend on her phone. Yes, we the viewers have just received unsolicited dick pics.
7. Yikes, a bear! Better cover your boobs, that’ll protect you from a mauling!
6. “I feel like a Power Ranger!” I guess that’s one thing you could say while having sex.
5. Cell phone not getting any reception? Need to call for help on a land line? Good luck with that, since those clever bucktoothed bastards chewed through all the phone lines. They’re smarter than your average zombeaver!
4. If a tree falls in a forest and lands on a dudebro, does a beaver laugh? (Yes).
3. Viewer: “Of course! Here comes the inevitable lesbian sex scene—OH SHIT! OH HELL NO, SON!”
2. Dentists would make a killing fixing the new, rampant bucktooth problem among the local populace! Or, wait, let me rephrase that—dentists would be killed by the new, rampant bucktoothed populace if they tried to fix it. That’s better.
For these and many other WTF moments, watch Zombeavers, now streaming on Netflix. Check out the trailer below. [youtube id=”I5-1XTjYZC8″ align=”center” mode=”normal” autoplay=”no”]