Scream Factory is all about dropping new Blu-ray titles every year and sometimes it feels like Christmas in July when Comic-Con arrives in San Diego.
This year is no exception and the company, sitting on the news, finally announced their expected line-up of 14 future releases at the San Diego Convention Center on Friday.
They followed up that promulgation with a Facebook post which lists every title and all the wonderful swag you can get when pre-ordering certain titles.
Here’s what they said:
We’ve been teasing it for weeks and now the night is here! We just revealed a whopping 14 upcoming Blu-ray releases in person at our Comic Con panel. The following are the exciting titles and all the details we have at present moment, so we please ask that you read all the way through.
1. 10 TO MIDNIGHT (Collector’s Edition) (1983) – The Charles Bronson exploitation favorite from Cannon Films (and which is really a slasher film in disguise) will be getting an upgrade with an all-new film transfer plus many more newly-created extras. Expected street date: Early 2019.
2. CANDYMAN (Collector’s Edition) (1992) – Bernard Rose and Clive Barker’s classic horror story is coming to U.S. and Canada from us this Fall!
• Presented in a 2-Disc Set loaded with new extras and a new transfer of the film. (More details can be found directly on its product page at www.shoutfactory.com).
• The newly-designed front-facing cover comes to us from artist Joel Robinson (Silent Night, Deadly Night) and the reverse cover will showcase the original theatrical one-sheet concept.
• National street date is planned for Nov 20th but if you order directly from us we are offering a deluxe website exclusive offer where you will not only receive a free 18″ x 24” rolled lithograph of the new Joel Robinson art, we’ll include another 18” x 24” poster and alternate slipcover with an entirely different design from artist Laz Marquez (Creepshow)! (Please note that the Deluxe poster and alternate slipcase offer will be made at limited quantity however. Only 2000 are being produced and we expect to sell out.)
3. THE CRAFT (Collector’s Edition) (1996) – High school is tough enough without adding witchcraft to it! We will be brewing up a definitive edition of the 90s fan favorite directed by Andrew Fleming. Expected street date: Early 2019
4. THE CRITTERS COLLECTION (1986-1992) – The creature-feature hit franchise finally comes to Blu-ray for the first time!
• All four Critters film will be housed in a collectible rigid slipcase with newly-commissioned art by Laz Marquez.
• Each film inside will receive a dedicated blu-ray case featuring original theatrical and home entertainment artwork.
• New extras are in progress and will be announced on a later date.
• National street date is planned for Nov 27th but if you order directly from us on www.shoutfactory.com we are offering a great website exclusive offer where you will not only receive a free 28.5″ X 16.5″ rolled lithograph of the new slipcase art, we’ll include another lithograph that has different design variant (also designed by Laz Marquez.)! (Lithos are only being made at limited quantity however. 1000 are being produced.)
5. DRACULA: PRINCE OF DARKNESS (Collector’s Edition) (1966) – We’re sinking our fangs into the Hammer Films classic starring Christopher Lee that will include an all-new film transfer. (Expect more Hammer films in 2019 BTW!). Expected street date: Dec
6. OBSESSION (Collector’s Edition) (1976) – We add another Brian DePalma film into our roster with his underrated thriller starring Cliff Robertson, Genevieve Bujold and John Lithgow. Expected street date: Early 2019
7. SATURDAY THE 14TH (1981) – Often requested, this goofy horror-comedy starring Richard Benjamin and Paula Prentiss finally gets a Blu-ray format release. Expected street date: Early 2019
8.SCREAMERS (1995) –The (also often requested) sci-fi thriller starring Peter Weller and Jennifer Rubin makes its Blu-ray debut. Expected street date: Early 2019
9. SINGLE WHITE FEMALE (1992) – Living with a roommate can be murder! Bridget Fonda and Jennifer Jason Leigh discover the hard way in Barbet Schroeder’s psychotic thriller. First time to Blu-ray! (Finally!). National street date is Nov 13th but if you order it directly from our site we’ll send it out two weeks early.
10. SILENT NIGHT DEADLY NIGHT PART 2 (Collector’s Edition) (1987) – Because one can never have enough killer Santas right? We’ll be celebrating “Garbage Day” this Dec with the slasher-y sequel to the infamous original.
11. SLEEPWALKERS (Collector’s Edition) (1992) – Director Mick Garris and Stephen King teamed up in the early 90s and concocted this wild and frightening tale of family and felines. Extras are in progress and will be announced on a later date, but we can confirm that Mr. Garris is very much involved in them. The newly-designed cover comes to us from artist Devon Whitehead (Trick r’ Treat) and the reverse cover will showcase the original theatrical one-sheet concept. National street date is planned for Nov 11th but if you order directly from us on our site you’ve receive it two weeks early and get a free 18” x 24” rolled poster of the new art. (Poster is made at limited quantity however. 750 are being produced.)
12. STARMAN (Collector’s Edition) (1984) – We just cannot get enough of John Carpenter! His sci-fi excursion starring Jeff Bridges and Karen Allen is being prepped for a more worthy special edition with new extras. Expected street date: Dec
13. URBAN LEGEND (Collector’s Edition) (1998) – We’re very excited for this modern-day slasher classic! This will be a 2-disc set featuring A LOT of new extras courtesy of Director Jamie Blanks and participation from many of the cast and crew. (Exact details to be announced on a later date.) The newly-designed cover you see comes to us from artist Joel Robinson and the reverse cover will showcase the original theatrical one-sheet concept. National street date is planned for Nov 20th but if you order directly from us on our site you’ve receive it two weeks early and get a free 18” x 24” rolled poster of the new art. (Poster is made at limited quantity however. 750 are being produced.)
14. URBAN LEGENDS: FINAL CUT (2000) – We couldn’t ignore the sequel of course. (It’s pretty deserving of a second look actually). First time on Blu-ray and features an eclectic cast including Jennifer Morrison, Joey Lawrence and Eva Mendes to name a few. National street date is Nov 20th but if you order it directly from our site we’ll send it out two weeks early!
All releases are for U.S. and Canadian Territories. Please keep in mind all dates are subject to change.
CANDYMAN, CRITTERS, SINGLE WHITE FEMALE, SLEEPWALKERS, URBAN LEGEND and URBAN LEGENDS: FINAL CUT are all available to pre-order now at www.shoutfactory.com.
Also on a non-title related note, we are offering Exclusive Scream Factory limited-edition enamel pins for the first time too. At 1 1/4″ high and 1 1/2″ wide, with a hard enamel finish, this collector’s edition pin is a real scream! These are available now at www.shoutfactory.com
Whew! That was quite a lot of info. Which announced title are you looking forward to this most??