When it comes to movie or TV adaptations of Stephen King’s work, there are few more iconic than ABC’s 1990 miniseries version of IT, King’s classic tale of a group of childhood friends and the shape-shifting nightmare that torments them,
While the miniseries is far from perfect, it’s still very enjoyable today, with most of the credit going to genre legend Tim Curry’s outstandingly entertaining performance as Pennywise the Clown, IT’s preferred form when menacing prey.
Continuing the recent trend of exhaustively detailed documentaries examining the iconic horror films of yesteryear, Dead Mouse Productions and director John Campopiano are hard at work on Pennywise: The Story of IT, a feature-length retrospective look at the making and cultural legacy of the miniseries.
Last month, it was confirmed that the most important player of all, Tim Curry himself, is set to lend his vast insights to the documentary, ending decades of near-silence on what went into creating arguably his greatest role in a career full of excellent work.
Now, Dead Mouse and Campopiano – who previously directed the documentary Unearthed and Untold: The Path to Pet Sematary – have revealed a long list of additional cast and crew participants who are set to participate in Pennywise’s production.
- Tim Curry – Pennywise
- Brandon Crane – Young Ben
- Adam Faraizl – Young Eddie
- Marlon Taylor – Young Mike
- Ben Heller – Young Stan
- Dennis Christopher – Adult Eddie
- Tim Reid – Adult Mike
- Richard Masur – Adult Stan
- Jarred Blancard – Young Henry Bowers
- Michael Cole – Adult Henry Bowers
- Chris Eastman – Belch
- Frank Turner – Bev’s abusive dad Mr. Marsh
- Chelan Simmons – Little Girl Killed by Pennywise in the opening scene
- Steve Makaj – Ben’s dead dad, who Pennywise takes the form of while trying to lure in Ben
- Boyd Norman – Gas Station Attendant who morphs into silver-eyed Pennywise
- Tommy Lee Wallace – Director
- Lawrence Cohen – Writer
- James Green – Producer
- Mark Bacino – Producer
- Richard Bellis – Composer
- Bart Mixon – Make-Up Artist
- Jayne Dancose – Make-Up Arist
- Aaron Simms – Character Designer
- Monique Prudhomme – Costume Designer
- Patrice Leung – 1st AD
- Tony Lazarowich – SFX Assistant
Well, now that’s quite the list of people, huh? Dead Mouse and Campopiano say to expect even more additions as time goes on too. The biggest holdouts so far are clearly cast members Seth Green and Emily Perkins from the kids side, and Richard Thomas and Annette O’Toole from the adult side.
Some Stephen King participation would obviously be great too, but he rarely does this type of thing, so it’s highly unlikely that they’ll get him. Stay tuned to iHorror for any future updates on Pennywise: The Story of IT.