Last year’s hit on the PS3, THE LAST OF US, in my opinion, is one of the greatest games of all time. It’s full of action, excitement, scares and even becomes emotional. The characters were likable and fleshed out, that you actually care for them and what happens to them as they journey across post apocalyptic America and being one of the best PS3 titles, we knew it would eventually get the remastered treatment for PS4, like with TOMB RAIDER. This week a trailer (well, more of a teaser) may only be showing off just a little, but it’s enough to showcase how beautiful this game is looking on the PS4. Check out the trailer and read the press release below.
Moving our efforts to the PS4 has allowed us to remaster an already phenomenal looking The Last of Us in 1080p with a list of upgrades including higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, upgraded textures, along with even more improvements.
We love setting challenging technical hurdles for us when working on each game – and this is no different. We’ve been working hard on The Last of Us Remastered to release a next-gen evolution worthy of the 200+ Game of the Year awards, not to mention the acclaim and expectations of our fans. We will be revealing more detailed information about the upgrades for the PS4 version in the coming months.
In addition to all the technical updates, we’re also including an exclusive director’s commentary for all in-game cinematics featuring Creative Director and Writer Neil Druckmann; Voice Actor Troy Baker, who plays Joel; and BAFTA Award-winning Voice Actress Ashley Johnson, who plays Ellie.
We’ve released a ton of additional content since The Last of Us launched in June 2013, including our first ever single player expansion, Left Behind. We’re happy to say that the major content releases will be included with The Last of Us Remastered:
- Left Behind single player expansion
- Abandoned Territories multiplayer map pack
- Reclaimed Territories pack – details will be coming soon on exactly what is includedWhether you are new to The Last of Us or have played it already on the PS3, we hope you are all looking forward to this release. We are!You can preorder The Last of Us Remastered for PS4 right now from many of your favorite retailers and receive these preorder bonuses:
- 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
- Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player CampaignIf you preorder on the PlayStation Store, you will receive three extra preorder bonuses to unlocks in Factions multiplayer:
- Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode
- Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions mode
- Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions mode
THE LAST OF US will be available this summer, so we’ll let you know as soon as we have an exact release date!