Well, that didn’t take long! Just yesterday we announced that Lucio Fulci’s gore epic The Beyond was coming to Blu-ray from Grindhouse Releasing with no details other than a photo of the glow in the dark slipcover. Today, Grindhouse took to their Facebook page once again to announce the full specs, bonus features and all, to be included with their release on February 10th! The 3-disc set is available for pre-order from Diabolik DVD for $25.99 and if you pre-order from that site, you can get Fulci’s A Cat in the Brain at a discounted price as a bonus and for those of who haven’t seen it, you definitely should, since you rarely see the director make a film that’s a little goofier, but still filled with gore, and he also stars in the film. The set says it will include “other surprises”, so head on over and pre-order yourself a copy!
The seven dreaded gateways to hell are concealed in seven cursed places…
And on the day the gates of hell are opened, the dead will walk the earth!
From legendary Italian horror master Lucio Fulci comes the ultimate classic of supernatural terror. A cursed hotel, built over one of the seven gateways to hell, becomes a malevolent abyss that begins devouring both the bodies and the souls of all who enter in a graphic frenzy of gory crucifixions, brutal chain-whippings, eyeball impalements, sulphuric acid meltdowns, flesh-eating tarantulas, throat-shredding demon dogs and ravenous bloodthirsty zombies. THE BEYOND is a towering achievement in hair-raising, mind-bending cinematic terror!
– Spectacular hi-definition digital transfer of the original UNCENSORED director’s cut
– Breathtaking 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound re-mix by Academy Award winner Paul Ottoman
– Provocative commentary by stars Catriona MacColl and genre superstar David Warbeck
– Optional Italian language soundtrack and original mono mix
– New in-depth interviews with stars Catriona MacColl, Cinzia Monreale and Giovanni De Nava, U.S. production manager Larry Ray, make-up artists Giannetto DeRossi and Maurizio Trani, cinematographer Sergio Salvati, writer Dardano Sacchetti, producer Fabrizio De Angelis, composer Fabio Frizzi, original U.S. distributor Terry Levene, and Antonella Fulci
– Rare archival interviews with director Lucio Fulci and David Warbeck
– Lost German pre-credit sequence in FULL COLOR
– Liner notes by legendary horror journalist Chas. Balun and EuroHorror expert Martin Beine
– Extensive still galleries and theatrical trailers
– BONUS CD – original soundtrack album by Fabio Frizzi newly remastered in stunning 96khz sound from the original studio master tapes
-AND OTHER SURPRISES!