Often referred to as The Godfather of Gore, Herschell Gordon Lewis has directed nearly 40 films over his blood splattered career. For those of you that are unfamiliar with his works, he brought horror, shock and disturbing films to a new level in 1963 with Blood Feast and continued to seemingly outdo himself with each film, filling them with more violence, more blood, more gore and more fun.
Coming this October 25th is the ultimate in horror collections… a 17-Disc Limited Edition Box Set of the director’s works appetizingly called Feast. The collection does have a price tag of nearly $230, it includes everything you will read below and comes in some awesome packaging! You may wanna consider saving up and nabbing this while it lasts.
- Fourteen of the Godfather of Gore s finest attractions, newly restored from original and best surviving vault materials: Blood Feast, Scum of the Earth, Two Thousand Maniacs!, Moonshine Mountain, Color Me Blood Red, Something Weird, The Gruesome Twosome, A Taste of Blood, She-Devils on Wheels, Just for the Hell of It, How to Make a Doll, The Wizard of Gore, The Gore Gore Girls, This Stuff ll Kill Ya!
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the features and extras on 7 Blu-ray and 7 DVD discs
- Brand new introductions to the films by Lewis
- Hours of extras including newly-produced interviews and featurettes, commentaries, short films and much more
- Additional 2 bonus Blu-rays featuring 1.33:1 versions of Blood Feast, Scum of the Earth, Color Me Blood Red, A Taste of Blood and The Wizard of Gore [limited editions exclusive]
- Additional bonus DVD: Herschell Gordon Lewis: The Godfather of Gore documentary [limited editions exclusive]
- 28-page H.G. Lewis annual stuffed full with Lewis-themed activities plus archive promotional material [limited editions exclusive]
- Newly illustrated packaging by The Twins of Evil [Feast edition exclusive]