For those of you who loved last month’s Arrow Video and MVD Entertainment Group’s release for Edge of the Axe, we have another one of José Ramón Larraz’ (Symptoms, Vampyres) hidden gems to share with you. Deadly Manor again has pure Larraz edge running through its veins.
The synopsis breaks down like this:
Whilst en route to a lake, a group of youngsters make an unscheduled stop-off at a remote, seemingly abandoned mansion where they plan to spend the night. But the property is full of foreboding signs – a blood-stained car wreck in the garden, coffins in the basement, scalps in the closet, and photographs of a beautiful but mysterious woman adorning every corner of the house. Before daybreak, the group will unwittingly uncover the strange and terrifying truth that lurks behind the walls of this dreadful place.
While this is another one that is completely outside of Vampyres and Symptoms. It shares a lot of the sensibilities of those from Edge of the Axe. I also completely dig how Larraz came up with masked slashers that were very inline with Jason Voorhees and Michael Myers.
To pre-order the disc releasing Feb. 18 head over HERE.
The Arrow Video restored blu-ray includes:
- Brand new 2K restoration from original film elements
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original uncompressed mono audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Brand new audio commentary with Kat Ellinger and Samm Deighan
- Newly-filmed interview with actress Jennifer Delora
- Making a Killing – a newly-filmed interview with producer Brian Smedley-Aston
- Extract from an archival interview with Jose Larraz
- Original “Savage Lust” VHS trailer
- Image Gallery
- Original Script and Shooting Schedule (BD-ROM content)
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Adam Rabalais (TO BE REVEALED)
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by author John Martin
Get a look at the trailer and let us know what you think in the comments section.