The same team-based, multiplayer action that made ‘Left 4 Dead’ so addictive is taken to a new level with Killing Floor 2. Tripwire Interactive has unleashed their follow-up to their first viscerally gory ‘Killing Floor.’ This time around they polished controls, gameplay and turned the fast-paced gory action up to an eleven. In addition to PC, turns out the team has also released a version for Playstation 4 and Playstation 4 Pro.
Killing Floor 2 takes place in post outbreak Europe. The Union is still in chaos after the events of the first Killing Floor. Everything has gone to hell in a hand basket. The only people taking the fight back to the specimen clones is a group of privately funded mercenaries.
The game plays and looks fantastic. It is fast-paced and hardwired. You can play solo or in 6 player co-op. Much like the latest ‘Doom’ or ‘Left 4 Dead,’ this is balls-to-the-wall, arena-style combat against hordes of well-designed, nightmare fuel inspired creatures. Killing Floor 2 offers a unique blend of perks and weaponry, that bend and shape themselves to your own playing style. This is seriously, a lot of run n’ gun fun and gives games in its category a formidable competitor in the world of FPS arena combat.
Blowing someone to pieces is beyond satisfying. The game does a fantastic job with its gore mechanics. If you played the first Killing Floor, you will be happy to see that gore animations have been improved in graphic detail. There is a lot to come back and visit, in this follow-up.
• Visceral Gore – KILLING FLOOR 2 ramps up the gore with a proprietary, high powered persistent blood system bringing new levels of fidelity to the genre. Players will send entrails, severed limbs, and blood flying as they wade through hordes of enemies. But they need to watch out! If caught, enemies will rip them, and their entire party limb from limb
• 6 player co-op or solo play— A multitude of varied playable characters await for players to choose from as they enter the fray in online co-op mode or solo mode for those willing to brave the horrific specimens alone
• Versus Survival Game Mode – Be the Zed! A 12 player PvP mode where two teams take turns playing Humans vs. Zeds in a pair of short matches. In the first match, one team plays Humans and the other Zeds until the humans all die during a single round or they beat the boss. For the second match the teams switch sides and when the battle is completed both teams receive a score based on their performance and the higher score wins!
• Terrifying Zeds – New enemies and fan favorites from the original game are back with expanded and smarter artificial intelligence, dishing out powerful attacks, working as a group to weaken the player’s party and pushing the challenge level and fear factor to new levels
• Unique Blend Of Weaponry – From modern militaristic assault rifles, brutal improvised makeshift weapons, classic historical guns, and off the wall “Mad Scientist” weapons, KILLING FLOOR 2 has a unique blend of killing tools that will satisfy any gamer
• Expanded Perk System – Perks from the original game have been reimagined with more added to the fold. All perks now progress with meaningful talent choices that amplify different play styles, giving players a progression path that is expansive and full of rewarding milestones
• Brutal Melee Combat – KILLING FLOOR 2 reinvents melee combat completely. Players now have control over the type of melee attacks they can perform, enabling them to deliver bone-breaking crippling attacks to Zeds
• Optimized for PS4 Pro – 1800p checkboard rendering on 4K TV (3200×1800) optimized for 4K TVs, effectively supersampling and increased fps on HDTV, using additional memory to increased texture resolution to “Ultra Textures”
Killing Floor 2 is out now on PC as well as Playstation 4 and Playstation 4 pro.