Chris Hardwick will be back in the host’s seat over at Talking Dead when it returns this year.
Last month we told you about Hardwick and allegations made by his ex Chloe Dykstra who accused him of, among other things, sexual misconduct. His role on AMC’s aftershows was put on the back burner until an investigation could be made.
According to Variety, that investigation didn’t reveal anything that the network found damaging enough to take him off the payroll.
“Following a comprehensive assessment by AMC, working with Ivy Kagan Bierman of the firm Loeb & Loeb, who has considerable experience in this area, Chris Hardwick will return to AMC as the host of Talking Dead and Talking with Chris Hardwick. We take these matters very seriously and given the information available to us after a very careful review, including interviews with numerous individuals, we believe returning Chris to work is the appropriate step,” AMC said in a statement.
Harwick will return to Talking Dead on August 12; they had tapped Yvette Nicole Brown to take Hardwick’s place. She will instead guest host the August 5 episode.